Faculty Profile: Jennifer Yurchisin, Ph.D.
Specialties & Expertise
- Employee and consumer behavior in retail environments
- Social psychological aspects of clothing
- RM 2215 Introduction to Retail Merchandising
- RM 1201 Fashion, Ethics, and Consumption
- RM 4196 Field Experience/Internship
- Yurchisin, J., Chang, H. J., & Childs, M. (2015). Where am I reading? Using Kelsey Timmerman’s book to teach undergraduates about social responsibility in the apparel industry. International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education. DOI: 10.1080/17543266.2015.1049220
- Baker, J. B. & Yurchisin, J. (2014). An investigation of the motivations of second-hand clothing donation and purchase. International Journal of Costume and Fashion, 14(2), 1-17.
- Chang, H.-J., Hodges, N., & Yurchisin, J. (2014). Consumers with disabilities: A qualitative exploration of clothing selection and meanings. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 32(1), 34-48. DOI:10.1177/0887302X13513325
- Chang, H.-J., Yurchisin, J., Hodges, N., Watchravesringkan, K., & Ackerman, T. (2013). An investigation of self-concept, clothing selection motivation, and life satisfaction among disabled consumers. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 42(2), 162-176. DOI: 10.1111/fcsr.12050
- Lee, Z. C., & Yurchisin, J. (2012). The impact of website attractiveness, consumer-website identification, and website trustworthiness on purchase intention. International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management, 5(3-4), 272-287.
- Yan, R.-H., Yurchisin, J., & Watchravesringkan, K. (2011). Does formality matter? Effects of employee dress on consumers’ service quality expectations and store image perceptions. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 39(5), 346-362.
- Yurchisin, J., Park, J., & O’Brien, M. (2010). Effects of ideal image congruence and organizational commitment on employee intention to leave. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 17(5), 406-414.
- Yurchisin, J., & Park, J. (2010). Effects of retail store image attractiveness and self-evaluated job performance on employee retention. Journal of Business & Psychology, 25(3), 441-450.
- Yurchisin, J., & Marcketti, S. B. (2010). Consumers behaving ethically: An emerging consumption constellation. Social Responsibility Journal, 6(1), 45-61. Awarded Highly Commended Paper for 2011, Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Publishers.
- Yurchisin, J., & Johnson, K. K. P. (2010). Fashion and the consumer. Oxford, UK: Berg Publishers.
- Yurchisin, J., & Damhorst, M. L. (2009). An investigation of salesperson appearance and organizational identification. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 13(3), 458-470.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Track Co-Chair: Consumer Behavior, International Textile and Apparel Association Conference, 2010-2012
- Highly Commended Paper Award, Emerald Literati Network, Social Responsibility Journal, 2011
- Early Career Research Excellence Award, School of Human Environmental Sciences, UNC—Greensboro, 2011
Retail Merchandising Program
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
490 McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136