Faculty Profile: Stephanie Zollinger
Stephanie A. Zollinger, Ed.D.
Specialties & Expertise
Course Titles (resident and outreach teaching)
- Interior Design
- Regional and Vernacular Interior Architecture
- Design Education
- Interior Design Learning
- Culture and Design in England, France, Italy
- IDes 1602 Interior Design Studio II
- IDes 3161 History of Interiors and Furnishings: Ancient to 1750
- DES 8181 Research and Ethics
- Guerin, D., & Watson, S. (Eds.). (2001). Interplay: Perspectives on the Design Legacy of Jack Lenor Larsen. St. Paul: Goldstein Museum of Design.
- Watson, S. (2001). Inspirations of an innovator: Jack Lenor Larsen. In D. Guerin & S. Watson (Eds.) Interplay: Perspectives on the Design Legacy of Jack Lenor Larsen. St. Paul: Goldstein Museum of Design.
- Watson, S., & Kucko, J. (2001). Creating sacred places: Design lessons from Fay Jones. Journal of Interior Design, 27(2), 14-25.
- Watson, S., & Thompson, C. (2001). Learning styles of interior design students as assessed by the Gregorc style delineator. Journal of Interior Design, 27(1), 12-19.
- Watson, S., & Munson, D. (1989). Color change in upholstery weight fabrics as affected by aftermarket flame retardant finishes. Journal of Interior Design Education and Research, 15(1), 29-34.
- Watson, S. (2002, March). Jack Lenor Larsen and His Significance to Interior Design. Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC )International Conference. Santa Fe, NM.
- Watson, S., Ginthner, D., & Guerin, D. (2001, March). Updating Educators on Practice: A Method and Manual. Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC) International Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Watson, S., Guering D., & Ginthner, D. (in press). Educators and Practice: How to stay current. Journal of Interior Design, 29 (1).
- Watson, S., & Warnock, M. (2003). Comparative analysis between recycled and newly manufactured carpets. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 31 (4), 425-441.
- Watson, S. (2003, Spring). Implementing learning styles into the design classroom. Journal of Design Communication. Issue 5.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Minneapolis institure of Art Textiles Curatorial Council, Secretary, 2003-present.
- Faculty Advisor to the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), 2003-present.
- DHA Search Committee for DHA Advising Coordinator, 2002.
- Foundation for Interior Design, Reviewer, 2002-present.
- Textile Accession Committee,2001-2002.
- CHE Professional Experience Grant Awards Committee, 2001-present.
- CHE Co-advisor to Phi Upsilon Omicron National Honor Society in Family and Consumer Sciences, 2000- 2003.
- DHA Interior Design Program Committee, 1999- present.
- Excellence in Academic Advising Award, College of Human Ecology, 2003.
- Regional Chair Award for Best Poster Presentation, Interior Design Education Council (IDEC), 2003.
- Award for Service Scholarship, Journal of Interior Design, 2003.
- Nominated Excellence in Academic Advising Award, College of Human Ecology, 2002.
- Exemplary Grant-in-Aid Proposal, The University of Minnesota Office of the Vice President & Dean of the Graduate School, 2000.
Interior Design Program
Buckman Professor of Design Education
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
485 McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136