Faculty Profile: Kim K. Johnson
Kim K. Johnson, Ph.D.
Specialties & Expertise
- Retail Merchandising
- Social Psychological Aspects of Clothing
- Consumer Behavior
Course Titles (resident and outreach teaching:
- RM 1201 Design, Merchandising & the Consumer
- RM 4212 Dress, Society and Culture
- RM 4196 Field Experience/Internship
- ApSt 8102 Quantitative Research Methods
- Lennon, S. J., Johnson, K. K. P., Noh, M., Chae, Y., & Kim, Y. (2014). In search of a common thread revisited: What content does fashion communicate? International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education, 7(3), 170-178. DOI: 10.1080/17543266.2014.942892
- Johnson, K. K. P., Kim, H., Mun, J., & Lee, J. (2014). Keeping customers shopping in the store:Interrelationships among store attributes, shopping enjoyment, place attachment, and store loyalty.International Review of Retail, Distribution, and Consumer Research. http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showCitFormats?doi=10.1080/09593969.2014.927785
- Kang, J-Y., Johnson, K. K. P., & Wu, J. (2014). Consumer style inventory and intent to social shop online for apparel using social networking sites. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 18(3), 301-320.
- Johnson, K. K. P., Kim, E., Lee, J., & Kim, A. (2014). Identifying antecedents of risky appearance management behaviors: The United States and South Korea. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 32(2),107-122.
- Johnson, K.K.P., Kang, M., & Kim, J. (2014). Reflections on appearance socialization during childhood and adolescence. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 32(2), 79-92.
- Kim, H-Y., Johnson, K. K. P., Kang, J., & Lee. J. (2014). Latino entrepreneurship: Implications for extension educators. Journal of Human Sciences and Extension, 2(1), 90-10
- Lennon, S., Lee, J., Kim, M., & Johnson, K. K. P. (2014). Antecedents to consumer misbehavior on Black Friday: A social responsibility view. Fashion, Style, and Popular Culture. 1(2), 193-212.
- Mun, J., Ju, H., & Johnson, K. K. P. (2014). Young consumers’ attitudes toward retail borrowing: An application of the theory of planned behavior. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 5(1), 1-14.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- 2010-present Senate Judicial Committee
- International Textiles and Apparel Association, Paper of Distinction-Pedagogy
- Global Marketing Conference, Young One* Best Paper Award, 2014 (Kim, Johnson, Lee, & Mun) [*Young One is a Korea-based, multinational apparel firm supporting Fashion Marketing Research at the 2014 Global Marketing Conference.]
- Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel, Mertie Buckman
- Global Fashion Management Conference, Best Paper Award, 2014 (Im, Ju,
- Outstanding Contributions to Postbaccalaureate, Graduate, and Professional Education Award, 2012.
- Educators for Socially Responsible Apparel Business, Outstanding Research Paper focused on Social Responsibility/Sustainability, 2010.
- International Textile and Apparel Association, Paper of Distinction outstanding research-Merchandising: Visual Track, 2010.
- International Textile and Apparel Association, Paper of Distinction outstanding research -Social Psychological Track, 2010.
- International Textile and Apparel Association, Paper of Distinction- outstanding research- Merchandising-Management Track, 2010.
- International Textile and Apparel Association, Paper of Distinction- outstanding research Consumer Behavior Track, 2010.
Mertie Buckman Professor of Design
Retail Merchandising Program
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
368b McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136