Faculty Profile: Juanjuan Wu
Specialties & Expertise
- Consumer behavior related to retail design
- Mass customization and co-design
- Fashion studies
Course Titles (resident and outreach teaching)
- DES 1905 Freshman Seminar
- ADes 3217 Fashion: Trends and Communication
- RM 3243 Visual Merchandising
- RM 4117W Retail Environments and Human Behavior
- ApSt 5117 Retail Environments and Human Behavior
- ApSt 5124 Consumers of Design
- Wu, J., Ju, H.W., Kim, J., Damminga, C., Kim, H-Y. & Johnson, K. (under review, 2011). Fashion product display: An experiment with Mockshop investigating color, visual texture, and style coordination. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management.
- Delong, M., Wu, J. & Park, J. (in press, 2011). Tactile response and shifting touch preferences. Textile: The Journal of Cloth and Culture.
- Wu, J. & Chen, Y. (in press, 2011). Chinese film and fashion in the post-Mao period. In Berg encyclopedia of world dress and fashion (online version). Oxford: Berg Publishers.
- Wu, J., Damminga, C., Johnson, K., & Kim, H-Y. (2010). Content analysis of online co-design community interactions: A case study of crowd-sourced Threadless. Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 20(4), 334-342.
- Wu, J. (2010). Co-design communities online: Turning public creativity into wearable and sellable fashions. Fashion Practice: The Journal of Design, Creative Process & the Fashion Industry, 2(1), 85-104.
- Wu, J. (2010). The application of Symbolic Interaction Theory in the study of Chinese fashion in X. Bian & J. Wu, (Ed.) Fashion industry & city civilization (pp. 173-183). Shanghai, PRC: Donghua University Chubanshe.
- Wu, J. (2010). Han bridal dress. In Berg encyclopedia of world dress and fashion: East Asia (Vol. 6, pp. 109-120). Oxford: Berg Publishers.
- Wu, J. & Vollmer, J. (2010). Han dress overview. In Berg encyclopedia of world dress and fashion: East Asia (Vol. 6, pp.130-135). Oxford: Berg Publishers.
- Wu, J. (2009). Chinese fashion from Mao to now. Oxford, UK: Berg Publishers.
- Delong, M., Wu, J., & Bao, M. (2007). May I touch it? Textile: The Journal of Cloth & Culture, 5(1), 34-49.
- Wu, J., Delong, M. (2006). Chinese perceptions of Western-branded denim jeans: A Shanghai case study. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 10(2), 238-250.
- Delong, M., Wu, J., & Bao, M. (2005). The influence of Chinese dress on Western fashion. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 9(2), 166-179.
- Wu, J. (2005, May) Wei Linghun Gengyi - Baoli Shizhuang Sheji Dashi Azzendine Alaia (Dressing the Soul- A Master in Paris: Azzendine Alaia). Fangzhi Xinxi Zhoukan (Textile Information Weekly), 18, 40.
- Delong, M., Bao, M., Wu, J., Chao, H., & Li, M. (2004). Perception of US branded apparel in Shanghai. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 8(2), 141-153.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Review editor of Fashion Practice: The Journal of Design, Creative Process, & the Fashion Industry, 2008-present.
- Education Director, Fashion Group International Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter, 2011-present.
- International Textile and Apparel Association, 2002-present.
- Fashion Group International of Minneapolis/St. Paul, 2008-present.
- Paper of Distinction Award in the Merchandising: Visual Track (first author), International Textile and Apparel Association, 2010.
- Paper of Distinction Award in the Merchandising: Management Track (co-author), International Textile and Apparel Association, 2010.
- Faculty Merit Award, SUNY College at Oneonta, NY, 2007-2008, 2006-2007
- The Fashion Group International Scholarship, the Fashion Group International of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Inc., 10/2003
Director, Retail Merchandising Program
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
368C McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136