Faculty Profile: Hye-Young Kim
Hye-Young Kim, Ph.D.
Specialties & Expertise
- Retailing Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Sustainable Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship
Course Titles (resident and outreach teaching)
- RM 3242 Retail Buying
- RM 4217 International Retail Markets (Liberal Education Course: Global Perspectives Theme)
- RM 4247 Advanced Buying and Sourcing
- RM 4123/ApSt 5123 Living in a Consumer Society
- RM 4248 Creative Leadership in Retailing
- ApSt 8271 Retailing: Strategic Perspectives
- Johnson, K. K. P., Kim, H-Y., Mun, J., & Lee, J. (2015). Keeping customers shopping in stores: Interrelationships among store attributes, shopping enjoyment, and place attachment. The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, 25(1), 20-34.
- Kim, H-Y., Johnson, K. K. P., Kang, J., & Lee. J. (2014). Latino retail entrepreneurship in Minnesota: Implications for Extension educators. Journal of Human Sciences and Extension, 2(1), 90-101.
- Yoo, J., & Kim, H-Y. (2014). Perceived negative health effect of tanning (PNHET): The interface between tanning attitudes and behaviors. Clothing & Textiles Research Journal, 32(1), 6-19.
- Choi, S., Guerin, D. A., Kim, H-Y., Brigham, J. K., & Bauer, T. (2014). Indoor environmental quality of classrooms and student outcomes: A path analysis approach. Journal of Learning Spaces, 2(2). Retrieved from http://libjournal.uncg.edu/index.php/jls/article/view/506/513
- Kim, H-Y., Lee, J., Choi, D., Wu, J., Johnson, K. K. P. (2013). Perceived benefits of retail loyalty programs: Their effects on program loyalty and customer loyalty. Journal of Relationship Marketing, 12(2), 95-113.
- Kang, K., Johnson, K. K. P., & Kim, H-Y. (2013). Relationship of parenting style and perceived value of characterized children’s fashion products. Journal of Fashion Business, 17(3), 15-29.
- Guerin, D. A., Kim, H-Y., Brigham, J. K., Choi, S., & Scott, A. (2013). Validity and reliability testing of a post-occupancy evaluation questionnaire on indoor environmental quality and occupants’ satisfaction. International Journal of Sustainable Design, 2(2), 128-148.
- Yoo, J., Divita, L. R., & Kim, H-Y. (2013). Environmental awareness on bamboo product purchase intention: Do consumption values impact green consumption? International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education, 6(1), 27-34.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Associate Editor for the Special Issue of Clothing & Textiles Research Journal (CTRJ) Focused on Fashion and Health, 2012; CTRJ Editorial Board Member, 2009 – present.
- International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) Publication Policy Committee Member, 2009 – present
- Youngone Best Paper Award, Global Marketing Conference, 2012, 2014
- Outstanding Research Award, College of Design, University of Minnesota, 2012
- ITAA Best Paper Award, International Textile and Apparel Association, 2007, 2008, 2010
- ACRA Best Paper Award, American Collegiate Retailing Association, 2005, 2008, 2011
Retail Merchandising Program
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136