Faculty Profile: Hye-Young Kim
Hye-Young Kim, Ph.D.
Specialties & Expertise
- Retailing Management
- Consumer Shopping Behavior
- Sustainable Post Occupancy Evaluation
Course Titles (resident and outreach teaching)
- RM 3242 Retail Buying
- RM 4217 International Retail Markets (Liberal Education Course: Global Perspectives Theme)
- RM 4247 Advanced Buying and Sourcing
- RM 4123/ApSt 5123 Living in a Consumer Society
- ApSt 8271 Retailing: Strategic Perspectives
- Kim, H-Y., Lee, J., Choi, D., Wu, J., Johnson, K. K. P. (2013). Perceived benefits of retail loyalty programs: Their effects on program loyalty and customer loyalty. Journal of Relationship Marketing, 12(2), 95-113.
- Kim, H-Y., Kang, J., & Johnson, K. K. P. (2012). Effect of consumer relationship proneness on perceived loyalty program attributes and resistance to change. The International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 40(5), 386-387.
- Kim, H-Y., & Kwon, Y. (2011). Soulmates, best friends, and casual buddies: The relationship of U.S. college students to retailer brands. Clothing & Textiles Research Journal, 29(1), 67-82.
- Kim, H-Y., Kim, Y., Jolly, L., & Fairhurst, A. (2010). The role of love in satisfied customers’ relationships with retailers. The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, 20(3), 285-296.
- Kim, H-Y., & Lee, M. (2010). Emotional loyalty and share of wallet: A contingency approach. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 17(5), 333-339.
- Kim, H-Y., & Kim, Y. (2008). Receptivity to advertising messages and desired shopping values. Journal of Marketing Communications, 14(5), 367-385.
- Kim, H-Y., Kim, Y., Jolly, L., & Fairhurst, A. (2008). Satisfied customers' love toward retailers: A cross-product exploration. Advances in Consumer Research, 35, 507-515.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Associate Editor for the Special Issue of Clothing & Textiles Research Journal (CTRJ) Focused on Fashion and Health, 2012; CTRJ Editorial Board Member, 2009 – present.
- International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) Publication Policy Committee Member, 2009 – present
- Youngone Best Conference Paper Premier Award, Global Marketing Conference, 2012
- Outstanding Research Award, College of Design, University of Minnesota, 2012
- ITAA Best Paper Award, International Textile and Apparel Association, 2007, 2008, 2010
- ACRA Best Paper Award, American Collegiate Retailing Association, 2005, 2008, 2011
Retail Merchandising Program
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136