Faculty Profile: Delores A. Ginthner
Delores A. Ginthner, FIDEC
Specialties & Expertise
Course Titles (resident and outreach teaching)
- Lighting Design
- Sustainable Design
- Interior Design Education
- Design for Safety and Human Factors
- IESNA Color and Vision
- IESNA Teachers of Lighting Workshop
- Jones, L., Guerin, D., & Ginthner, D. (In review). Case study of the Everett G. Marshall Building at Eastern Michigan University: A sustainable interior environment. Journal of Interior Design.
- Ginthner, D. (2001) The world of collaboration and teamwork. Interior & Sources, 20(1), 146-9.
- Adams, J., Czeschin, L., Ginthner, D., Doubeck, D., Houllander, J., &Mordoch, J. (2000). Light and Color, IESNA Lighting Fundamentals, ED-100.1. Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, New York.
- Helms, R., & Ginthner, D. (2000) Light Vision and Perception, IESNA Lighting Fundamentals, ED-100.2, Illuminating Engineering Society of Norht America, New York.
- Guerin, D., & Ginthner, D. (1999). Designers' knowledge of green design: What so we do now? Interior Design Educators Council International Conference Proceedings, (pp. 50-51). Clearwater, FLL IDEC Annual International Conference.
- Bourque, M., principal investigator, Duvall, H., Fowles, D., Ginthner, D., Jones. L., & Truelove, E., collaborators listed alphabeticatlly. (2002) Green Design. www.idec.org.
- University of Minnesota. Design Initiative Group, Hennepin County Sustainable Design Rating System, Interior Materials Section, 2000. www.sustainabledesignguide.umn.edu.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- IESNA Teachers of Lighting Committee, Chair, 2002-present
- IDEC, President, 2000-2001
Associate Professor Emerita
Interior Design Program
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
240 McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136