Faculty Profile: Ann C. Ziebarth
Ann C. Ziebarth, Ph.D
Specialties & Expertise
- Housing Issues in Small Towns & Rural Places
- Housing Policy
- Rural Sociology
- Migrant Worker Housing
- Employer Assisted Housing
- Workforce Housing and Rural Health Care Providers
- HSG 2401 Introduction to Housing
- HSG 4465 Housing in a Global Perspective
- HSG 5160 Special Topics Health and Housing
- HSG 5484 Rural Housing Issues
- HSG 8467 Theoretical Perspectives in Housing Studies
- HSEM 3010 Women, Housing, & Public Policy
- DES 1905 The Big House: Prisons and Housing
- Ziebarth, A. (2012) Rural Housing in A.T. Canswell (ed). Encyclopedia of Housing (2nd Edition) pp. 642-647.
- Choi, Y., Ziebarth, A., Hwang, E., & Koh, S. (2012) Intentions of Nursing Home Entry Among Elderly Residents in Jeju, Korea. Housing & Society. 993 (1) pp. 29-49.
- Ziebarth, A. & Steggell, C. (Eds)(2012) A Field Guide to Housing Theory (2nd Edition)
- Ziebarth, A. (2010). Exurbanization, Homeownership and the Working Poor. In D.W. Marcouiller, M. Lapping, and O. Furuseth (Eds.) Rural Housing, Exurbanization and Amenity-Driven Development (pp. 175-192). Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing Limited.
- Ziebarth, A. (2010). Discourse, Discrimination, & Domicide. Paper presented at International Sociology Association World Congress. Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Ziebarth, A. (2009). Housing heroines: A social action research. Housing and Society. 36(1), 57-74.
- Ziebarth, A. (2006). Housing seasonal workers for the Minnesota processed vegetable industry. Rural Sociology. 71(2), 335-357.
- Hwang, E. & Ziebarth, A. (2006). The impacts of different aspects of residential environments on housing satisfaction among Korean American Elders. Housing and Society. 33(2), 53-72.
- Ziebarth, A. & Tigges, L. (2003). Earning a Living/Building a Life: Income-Generating and Income-Saving Strategies of Rural Wisconsin Families. In W. Falk, M. Schulman, & A. Tickamyer (Eds.), Communities of Work. Athens, 316-338. OH: Ohio University Press.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Housing Studies Program, Program Director, 2010-2013.
- College of Design Faculty Consultative Committee, 2010-2011.
- Housing Education & Research Association, President, 2009-2010.
- University Faculty Senate, 2008-2011.
- Rural Sociology Society, Membership chair, 2008-2009, 2011-2012.
- Housing Assistance Council Research Advisory Panel, 2001-2008.
- College of Design Scholarship Committee, 2007-2008.
- College of Design Diversity Committee, chair, 2006-2007, member 2010-2011.
- Reviewer for Introduction to Housing textbook, 2005.
- Reviewer for Rural Sociology journal. 1999-current.
- Housing Assistance Council (HAC) Research Advisory Panel, 2001-2005.
- Reviewer for USDA Small Business Innovation Research Grants, 2001-2011.
Housing Studies Program
Faculty Research Fellow, Center for Rural Design
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
358 McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136