Faculty Profile: Ann C. Ziebarth
Ann C. Ziebarth, Ph.D
Specialties & Expertise
- Housing Issues in Small Towns & Rural Places
- Housing Policy
- Rural Sociology
- Migrant Worker Housing
- Employer Assisted Housing
- Workforce Housing and Rural Health Care Providers
- HSG 2401 Introduction to Housing
- HSG 4465 Housing in a Global Perspective
- HSG 5160 Special Topics Health and Housing
- HSG 5484 Rural Housing Issues
- HSG 8467 Theoretical Perspectives in Housing Studies
- HSEM 3010 Women, Housing, & Public Policy
- DES 1905 The Big House: Prisons and Housing
- MacTavish, K., Ziebarth, A. & George, L. (2014).In C. Bailey, L. Jensen, & R. Ransom (Eds.) Rural America in a Globalizing World. (pp 677-692). Morgantown, WV: University of West Virginia Press.
- Ziebarth, A. (2013,Fall) Review of the book Inclusionary Housing in International Perspective: Affordable Housing, Social Inclusion, and Land Value Recapture. Cambridge: Lincoln Institute of Land Policy. Journal of Planning & Educational Research 33(33), 367-369.
- Deller, S., Erkkila, D., Gartner, B., Green, G., Marcouiller, D., Skidmore, M., Vogt, C., Winkler, M., & Ziebarth, A. (2013), Recreational Homes, Amenities, and Destination Regions. N4012-01. Madison: UWExtension Cooperative Extension.
- Deller, S., Erkkila, D., Gartner, B., Green, G., Marcouiller, D., Skidmore, M., Vogt, C., Winkler, M., & Ziebarth, A. (2013), Recreational Development and Policies in the Great Lakes Region. N4012-02. Madison: UWExtension Cooperative Extension.
- Deller, S., Erkkila, D., Gartner, B., Green, G., Marcouiller, D., Skidmore, M., Vogt, C., Winkler, M., & Ziebarth, A. (2013), Demographics of Recreational Housing. N4012-03. Madison: UWExtension Cooperative Extension.
- Ziebarth, A. (2012) Rural Housing in A.T. Canswell (ed). Encyclopedia of Housing (2nd Edition) pp. 642-647.
- Choi, Y., Ziebarth, A., Hwang, E., & Koh, S. (2012) Intentions of Nursing Home Entry Among Elderly Residents in Jeju, Korea. Housing & Society. 993 (1) pp. 29-49.
- Ziebarth, A. & Steggell, C. (Eds)(2012) A Field Guide to Housing Theory (2nd Edition)
- Ziebarth, A. (2010). Exurbanization, Homeownership and the Working Poor. In D.W. Marcouiller, M. Lapping, and O. Furuseth (Eds.) Rural Housing, Exurbanization and Amenity-Driven Development (pp. 175-192). Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing Limited.
- Ziebarth, A. (2010). Discourse, Discrimination, & Domicide. Paper presented at International Sociology Association World Congress. Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Ziebarth, A. (2009). Housing heroines: A social action research. Housing and Society. 36(1), 57-74.
- Ziebarth, A. (2006). Housing seasonal workers for the Minnesota processed vegetable industry. Rural Sociology. 71(2), 335-357.
- Hwang, E. & Ziebarth, A. (2006). The impacts of different aspects of residential environments on housing satisfaction among Korean American Elders. Housing and Society. 33(2), 53-72.
- Ziebarth, A. & Tigges, L. (2003). Earning a Living/Building a Life: Income-Generating and Income-Saving Strategies of Rural Wisconsin Families. In W. Falk, M. Schulman, & A. Tickamyer (Eds.), Communities of Work. Athens, 316-338. OH: Ohio University Press.
Professional, Institutional, and Community Leadership and Service
- Housing Studies Program, Program Director, 2010-2013.
- Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter, Co-Advisor, 2012-current.
- College of Design Faculty Consultative Committee, 2010-2011.
- Housing Education & Research Association, President, 2009-2010.
- University Faculty Senate, 2008-2011.
- Rural Sociology Society, Membership chair, 2008-2009, 2011-2012
- College of Design Diversity Committee, chair, 2006-2007, member 2010-2011.
- Reviewer for Introduction to Housing textbook, 2005.
Housing Studies Program
Faculty Research Fellow, Center for Rural Design
Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel
358 McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108-6136